Wednesday 25 January 2012

Creating...recycled material

With Mousie back at school & the rain bucketing down outside (lots of flooding going on in SE Qld & Northern NSW like last Jan!) I've cleared off my work table & uncovered the sewing machine again ( I did sew cushions at the beginning of the month but mysteriously things from other parts of the house seem to migrate to & breed in my creative space ;-(  )
Mousie needed a painting shirt/apron for school so instead of ripping the sleeves off an old shirt I decided to recycle some items from the op-shop to make a swish double-sided apron. I had a long cotton skirt I bought just for the material & some groovy looking pillow cases (where do all the matching sheets disappear to??) that I really love the colours & pattern of...



I based the pattern on Mousies vintage  'cooking at home apron' (op-shop $1)...




I'm really pleased with the results & am thinking about making a longer version with some pockets across the front for me, without the name tag...lol! I still have plenty of both materials (fabrics)...mmmm, I shall add it to the 'to-do' list :-)
xxx


Front with glimpse of back...

Back with a glimpse of the front...
Oh dear! Nearly forgot to actually post the final pics...hahahaha...Miss Mousie said she is going to wear the plain side outside so everyone can see how I embroidered her name...Isn't she sweet! x

No comments:

Post a Comment