Monday 23 April 2012

Collecting...bargains galore!

I'm back to the land of blog, after a bit of a break due to Mousie's birthday (day before Good Friday), Easter & school holidays...plus an extra week of me getting extremely side tracked researching a close friends' family tree which turned out to be more interesting than I expected (hi Lise!). So I've been absent from blogging, reading blogs & even sewing *gasp* as I thought I'd concentrate on being just Mum for the holidays. It didn't stop us from bargain hunting though as Mousie loves op-shops/garage sales/markets etc as much as the rest of us!..LOL!
Here is some of what we found...


My first aqua Pyrex! We went to the local markets yesterday & I found this at the first stall we saw. I had to refrain from laughing hysterically or doing a little victory dance when the lady said it was...wait for it...$1...hahahahahaha (sorry, getting hysterical again). It's in near perfect condition, just a couple of little scratches in the picture.

We loooove books...$1 each...
Mr Strong cushion to add to my Mr Men/Little Miss collection.
A girl can never have too many craft mags...
specially at $1 a piece ;-)

Mousie sized puzzles $2 each. (We love puzzles & games!)
Been searching for a decent backgammon set for years!
Near perfect condition & an extra book was inside the
case...$6. Mousie is excited about learning the game...
good for maths & logic!
Display case (nice solid wood) to house my Avon perfume
bottle collection...funnily enough perfume irritates me but
I love the old bottles...lol.
Beautiful original Kingfisher watercolour...nicely framed.
Combining 2 loves of mine...old maps & vintage tablecloths.
I'm going to add some dowel & thin rope & turn it into a wall hanging.
Another lovely vintage tablecloth.
A cute quilt cover for Mousie's bed to match
the 'bee' pillow case we found about 5 years
ago in an op-shop about an hours drive away!
(The quilt cover was in a local op-shop)

Fabrics to re purpose.
As new clip-on lamp. In Mousie's room at
the moment but I'll borrow it for night sewing
$3.

I did have a few more things but the photos turned out pretty crappy...oh well, must go & do some housework anyway...right the chaos of the weekend! Then I can get stuck into some sewing before school finishes...yay to getting the creative juices flowing...xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hi, good to see you back and hear you are well and have been having fun. Great buys love that pyrex dish its gorgeous and the perfume stand is lovely to. Have a great week, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dee, thankyou! I've been trying to look at your blog the last couple of days to catch up but having trouble linking from my blog list...shall have to put you in google search instead ;-) You have a fantastic week too, Nina x

    ReplyDelete